Change your Apple ID password on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
- Tap Settings > [your name] > Sign-In & Security.
- Tap Change Password.
- Enter your current password or device passcode, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. Forgot your password?
- Tap Change or Change Password.
Change your child's Apple ID password
If you have an iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and two-factor authentication turned on for your Apple ID, you can change the Apple ID password for a child account in your Family Sharing group.
- Tap Settings > Family > your child's account.
- Tap Apple ID & Password.
- Tap Change [Child's Name] Password.
- Enter your device passcode and follow the onscreen instructions.
Change your Apple ID password on your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Settings, then select your name.
- Select Sign-In & Security.
- Select Change Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password used to unlock your Mac.