After you’ve contacted Apple for a replacement, you’ll receive a kit that contains a replacement product with everything you need to return your original product to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your product so that Apple receives it within 10 days of the day your replacement product was shipped to you by Apple (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your original product within 10 days, or if Apple technicians find that your issue was caused by accidental damage or unauthorized modifications, you'll be charged up to the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see ERS terms and conditions for service covered by Apple's Limited Warranty or an AppleCare plan or ERS terms and conditions for out-of-warranty service.
Before you ship your HomePod mini
- Remove your HomePod from the Home app.
- Remove your replacement HomePod mini and the spindle from the box.
Pack your HomePod mini
- Put the end of the cable into the hole in the spindle.
- Wrap the cable around the spindle.
- Pas the cable through a side notch and set the HomePod mini on top of the spindle. Put the spindle and HomePod mini in the white box base. Put the top on the white box.
- Put the white box in the shipping box.
- Close the lid of the shipping box.
- Tape the shipping box shut with the tape provided.*
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping.
Ship your HomePod mini to Apple
- If a return shipping label is included, place it on the outside of the packaging. If applicable, make sure the return shipping label completely covers the old shipping label, or that you remove the old shipping label before applying the new shipping label.
- If a commercial invoice is included, place it on the outside of the packaging. Failure to put the commercial invoice on the outside of the packaging may render the package undeliverable. Commercial invoices are only necessary in some European countries.
- Find the name of the courier on the label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location. Customers in Russia should schedule a collection online.
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your product.
Use your replacement HomePod mini
- Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, or the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer. Consumer law will also apply to your replacement product where available.
- Set up and use your new HomePod.
© 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.