Compose and send an email message
- Click New Message in the Mail toolbar. Or choose New Message from the File menu.
- Address your message by entering a name, email address, or group name in the To field.
- Type a subject in the field provided, then type your message in the body below.
- Use the buttons at the top of the message window to add emoji , add an attachment , change the font and format of your message, and more.
- To send the message, click Send .
If you close a message without sending it, you're prompted to save the message as a draft. Drafts are stored in the Drafts folder in the sidebar.
Reply to a message, or forward it
- To reply to the sender, click Reply in the toolbar.
- To reply to everyone on a group email, click Reply All .
- To forward the message to a new recipient, click Forward .
When you're ready to send the message, click Send .
Mark up attachments
Use markup to draw or type on attached PDFs or images. After adding the attachment to your message, click the menu icon in the upper-right corner of the attachment, then choose Markup. The markup window includes tools such as these:
- Sketch : Create freehand drawings.
- Shapes : Add shapes like rectangles, ovals, lines, and arrows. Use the Zoom shape to magnify and call attention to part of an attachment.
- Text : Add text.
- Sign : Add your signature.