Listen to your Shazams
After you've identified songs with Shazam, you can use Apple Music and other services to listen to them.
Tap the Apple Music button near a Shazam to listen to that song in Apple Music. If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, songs that you've Shazamed are also automatically added to a playlist called My Shazam Tracks in the Music app. To add a Shazam to a different playlist, tap "Add To" next to a Shazam, then tap the playlist that you want to add the song to. If you’re not already a subscriber, learn how to join Apple Music.
If you can’t add songs to a playlist, make sure to sync your music library with Apple Music. If you don’t want Shazam to automatically add songs to Apple Music on iPhone or iPad, swipe up to My Music from the main Shazam screen, tap the Settings button , then turn off "Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music."
If you have the Spotify app on your device, you can connect Shazam to your Spotify account:
- On iPhone or iPad, swipe up to My Music from the main Shazam screen. On Android, swipe left to the Library from the main Shazam screen.
- Tap the Settings button , then tap Connect next to Spotify.
- Tap Agree in Spotify. To automatically sync your Shazams to a "My Shazam Tracks" playlist in Spotify, tap OK.
After you’ve connected Shazam to your Spotify account, you can listen to your Shazams:
- In Shazam, tap the play button next to a song to listen to a 30 second preview.
- To listen to the whole song in Spotify, tap Spotify next to a Shazam.
- Listen to previous Shazams in the My Shazam Tracks playlist in the Spotify app.
If you initially chose not to sync your Shazams to Spotify, you can choose to at any time in Shazam Settings.
You can also add any of your Shazams to Spotify playlists without leaving the Shazam app. Tap Add To next to a Shazam, then tap the Spotify playlist that you want to add the song to.
If the Deezer app is on your device, you can also open songs with your Deezer account. Tap the More button next to a Shazam, then choose Open in Deezer.
To listen to a Shazam in YouTube Music on your Android device, tap the More button next to a Shazam, then choose Open in YouTube Music.
YouTube Music is not available in Shazam on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Buy songs you've identified with Shazam
On iPhone and iPad, you can buy songs from the iTunes Store with or without having an Apple Music subscription.
- Tap the more button next to a Shazam.
- Tap Buy on iTunes.
Use Shazam in Snapchat
Shazam is built in to Snapchat—you don’t need the Shazam app or a Shazam account to use Shazam with Snapchat.
- To identify a song with Shazam in Snapchat, open the camera screen, then press and hold on this screen to Shazam a song. You can send your new music discovery as a Snap.
- To see your previous Shazams in Snapchat, go to the Snapchat Settings screen, then tap on Shazam under Additional Services.
- Identify music with Shazam
- Access your Shazams on your devices or online at Shazam.com
- Learn about Shazam's Terms & Conditions
- Learn about Shazam and privacy