Make sure that you can add a transit card
Check Apple Pay on the System Status page. If there's an issue, try again after it's resolved. If there isn't an issue, make sure that you're using an compatible device:iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or later or Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple Watch Series 2 or later. Also make sure that you've set up Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode on your device.
Try to add a transit card
After each step, see if you can add your Beijing or Shanghai transit card to Apple Pay:*
- Check that the Region on your device is set to China mainland.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Language & Region, then scroll to Region.
- For your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Then, go to the My Watch tab, tap General > Language & Region, and check your Region.
- Update to iOS 11.3 or watchOS 4.3 or later.
- Make sure that you have an Internet connection.
- Make sure that you are signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Restart your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Try to create a transit card in Wallet
To create a new transit card in Wallet, make sure that you're using a China UnionPay debit card that you've added to Wallet.
If you see a checkmark and Done, but you don't see your transit card in Wallet:
- Tap the plus sign in Wallet.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Beijing Transit Card or Shanghai Transit Card.
- Tap the transit card that displays the date that you attempted to purchase the card.
- Tap Next.
If you still don't see your transit card in Wallet, contact your card issuer for assistance and provide the Transaction ID.
Try to transfer the balance of your physical transit card
To transfer the balance of your physical transit card to Wallet:
- Make sure you're using an iPhone 7 or later and Apple Watch Series 1 or later. For iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or later, follow the steps for creating a card in Wallet.
- Make sure that you have at least 25 RMB on your Beijing Transit card, or more than 20 RMB on your Shanghai Transit card.
Then make sure that your card is resting on a flat non-metallic surface. Rest the top of your iPhone on the middle of the transit card. Leave it on the card without moving it until you see "Card Added." This process could take a few minutes to complete. It might also help to hold your transit card and iPhone in your hand.
* Check with your card issuer for information about transit cards you can add to Apple Pay. Express Transit with Apple Pay is currently in beta in Beijing and Shanghai.
Remove all cards from your device
Learn how you can remove all cards from your device.
For iPhone and Apple Watch
When connected to the internet, go to Settings > [your name] > This [device] (or choose your watch) > Remove All Cards.
If you choose Remove All Cards, all of your cards will be removed from your device.