With Wallet, you can use passes on your iPhone to check in for flights, get and redeem rewards, get in to movies, or redeem coupons. Passes can include useful information like the balance on your coffee card, your coupon’s expiration date, your seat number for a concert, and more.
You can add passes to Wallet in several ways:
- Using Wallet-enabled apps
- With Mail or Messages
- Through a web browser
- Scanning a barcode
- Sharing through AirDrop
- From your Mac
- Tapping a Wallet notification that you got after paying with Apple Pay at a supported merchant
If you don't see the option to add a card, ticket, or other service to Wallet, contact the merchant to make sure that they support Wallet passes.
Set up Apple Pay
With iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus or later, you can add credit, debit, and prepaid cards to Wallet to pay for purchases using Apple Pay.
In the United States, you can send and receive money with friends and family with Apple Pay and use Apple Pay Cash.*
Learn more about setting up Apple Pay.
Use your passes
Some passes automatically appear at the right time or place because they include information based on time or location. For example, when you arrive at the airport, your boarding pass should appear. Slide to unlock your device to display and scan your pass.
With iOS 9 and later and your iPhone 6 or later, there are two quick ways to use a pass:
- If you have a credit, debit, prepaid, or store card in Wallet, or a rewards card that works with Apple Pay, open Wallet by double-clicking the Home button or by double-clicking the Side button on iPhone X.
- If you turned on Automatic Selection for a rewards card, store credit card, or ticket, use that pass by holding your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID or use Face ID on iPhone X.
If you want automatic notifications for things like flight updates or coupons and sales for nearby stores, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > Notification Center > Wallet.
- Turn on Alerts or Banner notifications.
Change pass settings
Tap a pass, then tap on the pass to see settings and more information. Here's what you can do from the info screen:
- Delete the pass.
- Share the pass. Not all passes can be shared.
- Update the pass by pulling down to refresh.
- Open or install the app related to that pass.
- Turn on or off Automatic Updates.
- Turn on or off Suggest on Lock Screen.
- Turn on or off Automatic Selection for contactless passes.
The info screen can also show other helpful information about your pass, such as merchant contact information.
With iOS 11, you can quickly remove passes:
- Scroll down, then tap Edit Passes.
- Tap next to the passes that you want to Delete.
- Tap Delete or Delete All to confirm.
To reorder your passes, tap and hold a pass, then drag it to a new place. Your change will update across all of your devices.
To make a card the default for Apple Pay, drag the card to the front of your credit, debit, and prepaid cards in Wallet.
Use iTunes Pass
You can add money to your Apple ID to make quick purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store without reaching for a physical card.
To add iTunes Pass to Wallet, go to App Store > Redeem > Getting Started with iTunes Pass. Then you can add money to your iTunes Pass. You can also add money to your iTunes Pass at Apple retail stores in most countries and regions.
If your pass doesn't appear on the Lock screen when you think it should, you can open Wallet and select the pass to scan it. A pass won't appear for these reasons:
- Location Services is off.
- The Suggest on Lock Screen feature is turned off for that pass.
- The merchant doesn't support this feature.
* Sending and receiving money with Apple Pay and the Apple Pay Cash card are services provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.