What is Apple Cash Family?
You can set up Apple Cash for the children and teens in your Family Sharing group so they can make purchases, and send and receive money in Messages or Wallet. You can even limit who your child can send money to, get notified when they make transactions, and lock their account.
The family organizer that set up Family Sharing for your family group must use Apple Cash Family to set up Apple Cash for family members under the age of 18.
If you're the family organizer:
- When you set up your Apple Cash account, use the same Apple ID that you used to set up Family Sharing.
- At least one member of your family group must be under 18 years old.
Requirements for the organizer and members of the family group
- Own a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch with the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS.
- Sign in to iCloud on each family member's device using their Apple ID
- Turn on two-factor authentication for each Apple ID.
- Make sure that each device region is set to the United States.
Set up Apple Cash for a child or teen
- On the family organizer's iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Tap [your name], then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap the child or teen that you want to set up Apple Cash for.
- Tap Apple Cash, then follow the instructions on your screen to set up their account. You might need to verify your identity. If you see Pending, make sure that your child meets the requirements.
After you complete these steps, you can view and manage the Apple Cash accounts of your children and teens.
How children and teens can use Apple Cash
If your family organizer set up Apple Cash for you, you can use it to make purchases in participating stores, apps, and websites.
You can also use Apple Cash to send and receive money with people you know. If you're less than 13 years old, you can't add a card to Wallet to use with Apple Cash.
Apple Cash services are provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.