Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Get started
- Your Apple Watch
- Apple Watch gestures
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Stay fit with Apple Watch
- Track important health information with Apple Watch
- Stay connected with Apple Watch
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Create an emergency Medical ID
- Manage fall detection
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- All about Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Set up Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV
- Browse Fitness+ workouts and Meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout
- Pause and resume a Fitness+ workout
- End and review a Fitness+ workout
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Cycle Tracking
- Heart Rate
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- World Clock
Use gym equipment with Apple Watch
Your Apple Watch can pair and sync data with compatible cardio equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals, indoor bikes, and more, providing you with more accurate information about your workout.
Pair your Apple Watch with gym equipment
Check if the equipment is compatible—youʼll see “Connects to Apple Watch” or “Connect to Apple Watch” on the equipment.
Make sure your watch is set to detect gym equipment—open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Workout, then turn on Detect Gym Equipment.
Hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader on the gym equipment, with the display facing the reader.
A gentle tap and beep confirm that your Apple Watch is paired.
If Detect Gym Equipment is off in Settings on your Apple Watch, open the Workout app , then hold your Apple Watch near the contactless reader on the gym equipment, with the display facing the reader.
Start and end a workout
Press Start on the gym equipment to begin. Press Stop on the equipment to end the workout.
When you end your workout, data from the equipment appears in the workout summary in the Activity app on your Apple Watch and the Fitness app on iPhone.