iPhone models with Face ID
iPhone models with Touch ID, except for iPhone 5s
Identify your iPhone model to see if it supports Apple Pay.
You can use Apple Pay with a compatible iPhone for purchases and payments:
iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad, and iPad mini models with Touch ID or Face ID
Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 and later
Apple Watch (1st generation)7
Mac models with Touch ID
Mac models introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch
You can use Apple Pay with a compatible Mac for payments on the web in Safari2 and in Business Chat.6
- To use Apple Pay for purchases in stores in Japan, you need an iPhone 8 or later, or an Apple Watch Series 3 or later. You can also use an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, or Apple Watch Series 2 that was purchased in Japan. Learn how to tell whether your device was purchased in Japan.
- In China mainland, you can use Apple Pay on the web in Safari only on compatible iPhone and iPad models using iOS 11.2 or later. In the Netherlands, you can use Apple Pay on the web only on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
- Not all iPhone and Apple Watch models are compatible with transit systems. See which devices are compatible in Japan, China mainland, and other places where you can ride transit.
- United States only. Sending and receiving money with Apple Pay and the Apple Cash card are services provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.
- Not all iPhone and Apple Watch models are compatible with student ID cards in the U.S. Check with your school card office for more information. See which iPhone models support Express Cards with power reserve.
- Business Chat is currently in beta. In some countries, Business Chat will become available on a rolling basis.
- In Japan, Apple Watch (1st generation) can't be used for rewards programs.