While watching movies, TV shows, or music videos in the Apple TV app* or on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can turn on audio descriptions. You can also turn audio descriptions on by default.
Turn on audio descriptions
If the video that you're watching includes audio descriptions:
- While watching the video, tap the screen to reveal the playback controls.
- Tap the Media Selection button to open the Audio & Subtitles menu.
- Choose the audio-described track that you want to use.
Use audio descriptions by default
- Go to Settings > Accessibility.
- Tap Audio Descriptions.
- Turn on Audio Descriptions.
- Not all videos include audio description tracks. Check the documentation for the video you're using to see if it includes these features.
- Some third-party websites and apps provide custom audio controls for videos. If you don't see audio controls when viewing video from a website, check the documentation, or contact the website owner or app developer for more information.
- Learn how to turn on audio descriptions on your Mac.
- Learn how to turn on audio descriptions on your Windows PC.
- Learn how to turn on audio descriptions on your Apple TV.
- Learn how to turn on audio descriptions on your iPod nano.
- Learn how to find audio-described content.
- If you've turned off audio descriptions but still hear menu descriptions, VoiceOver might be turned on. Find out how to turn VoiceOver off.
* The Apple TV app isn't available in all countries or regions. Find out where it's available.