All iPhone batteries are tested, certified, and in compliance with these international safety standards:
- United Nations (UN) Transport Regulations UN38.3: Covers battery safety during air transport.
- Underwriters Laboratory (UL) 2054: Covers safety of lithium-ion batteries in general use.
- UL 60950-1 and International Standard IEC/EN 60950: Cover the use of batteries in information-technology equipment.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 1725: Covers safety of lithium-ion batteries used in cellular devices.
- International Standard IEC 62133: Covers secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other nonacid electrolytes.
These standards meet the safety and testing criteria in the FAA Advisory Circular AC 120-76C regarding the airworthiness and use of portable electronic flight bags.