This update is intended for the Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch) only. Follow these tips to successfully install the update:
- Make sure that your computer is running OS X Mavericks v10.9.4 or later.
- Directly attach your Thunderbolt display to your computer's Thunderbolt port, or a port on another Thunderbolt display, using the built-in cable.
- Connect no more than two Thunderbolt displays during the update.
- If you’re using a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro to run the update, make sure that the computer's lid stays open. "Closed clamshell" mode won't allow the update to install.
- Plug your computer in to AC power.
You should see a message telling you what to correct if any of these requirements aren't met.
When you run the update, your computer restarts, and you see a gray screen with a status bar. If you have multiple displays, only one display illuminates and shows the status bar. The more displays you're updating, the longer the update takes. The process can take several minutes to complete. If the display you're updating is the primary display, the screen might go black for up to a minute before the update status bar appears.
Important: Be sure not to disconnect or shut off the power on your computer or display during this update.
Follow these steps to make sure that the update applied successfully:
- Choose About This Mac from the Apple () menu.
- Click System Report.
- Click Thunderbolt in the list on the left and find the Thunderbolt Display section. The Firmware Version should be 26.2 and the Port Micro Firmware Version should be 2.0.7 after the update.