New in Logic Remote 1.4
- Control Live Loops from your iPad or iPhone by triggering cells or switching between scenes.
- Use Multi-Touch to perform Remix FX on individual tracks or the entire song mix.
- Browse and add Apple Loops to your Live Loops projects from your iPad.
- Logic Remote now supports Dark Mode.
- The Fretboard on iPhone is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- Settings for I/O, Sends, and the master fader are now accessible using VoiceOver.
- The previous track button is now properly announced by VoiceOver.
- Logic Remote no longer quits unexpectedly sometimes when playing chord strips immediately after waking the device on iPad Pro with 12.9-inch screen.
- Logic Remote no longer quits unexpectedly sometimes when changing patches rapidly in MainStage.
- The Pan and Binaural Pan menu items no longer are unexpectedly displayed on mono tracks, and display as expected on stereo tracks.
- Moving a fader to +6 dB in Logic Remote no longer causes the corresponding fader in Logic to jump to -∞.
- Track Stacks no longer show a superfluous pan control.
- When adjusting a Pan control, the overlay now shows the absolute Pan value rather than the value relative to the previous setting.
- Logic Remote now displays faders in gold when Logic was in Sends on Faders mode.
- In projects containing more channels than can be shown at once, it is now possible to swipe the view directly to the Master channel strip in the Mixer.
- Logic Remote now reliably displays a second plug-in inserted on a channel strip.
- Pop-up windows for channel strip input, output, stereo and pan assignments now show checkmarks next to the currently assigned settings.
- Logic Remote no longer displays spurious solo buttons on the Stereo Out and Master channel strips.
- Bus sends are no longer sometimes unexpectedly bypassed after a different bus is bypassed, the device home button is pressed, and then Logic Remote is brought to the foreground again.
- The buttons to open plug-ins now work reliably.
- The Instrument slot on a Software Instrument channel strip no longer switches to "No Input" instead of "Instrument" when a Drum Kit Designer plug-in is removed from the slot using Logic Control.
- Plug-in pop-up windows now work reliably after changing the order of plug-ins on the channel strip.
- The first channel is now properly labeled "Audio 1" in projects that contain a large number of tracks.
- The first tracks in the Logic Remote mixer now respond to touch in projects that contain more tracks than can fit at once on the iPad screen.
- The faders on Logic Remote now visibly update as expected after writing automation.
- Logic Remote faders now show decimal increments for fader values.
- Mono channels no longer incorrectly display a pan control panned all the way to the left.
- Switching from a plug-in with multiple pages to one with a single page no longer causes the view to go blank.
- The Linear Phase EQ now has the same design as in Logic Pro X and MainStage.
- The gain controls for parametric bands in the Channel EQ now affect the correct bands.
- The Channel EQ Gain Scaler and Analyzer scale controls can now be adjusted directly from the touch screen.
- Logic Remote now reliably shows the shaded bandwidth area for an EQ band in the Channel EQ while adjusting the frequency.
- Drum Machine Designer kit piece names now display as expected in the Drum Pads view.
- Smart Controls no longer appear inactive after undoing deletion of a patch.
- The Sustain switch now reliably activates when using Logic Remote with MainStage when switching from "Smart Controls and Keyboard" to "Chord Strips" and back to "Smart Controls and Keyboard" again.
- The Key Command view now retains the current page when switching to another view and then back.
- The Tempo button in the Tempo and Time Signature window now visibly indicates being tapped.
- When editing the Key Commands page on an iPhone in landscape, the correct page number is reliably indicated.
- The playhead no longer unexpectedly changes position when changing from portrait to landscape orientation on iPhone X.
Logic Remote 1.3.5
• Includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Logic Remote 1.3.4
• Includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Logic Remote 1.3.3
- iPhone now offers more Touch instrument controls, including guitar, bass, drums, Smart Strings and chord strips.
- The name for the master output channel on the mixer now remains visible after adding tracks.
- On iPhone, selecting an empty Software Instrument channel strip no longer incorrectly displays audio interface input controls.
- The EQ again reliably displays correctly on the iOS device.
- External Instrument channel strips added to MainStage now show solo buttons in Logic Remote.
- The Stereo Output channel no longer sometimes shows a Record button on iPhone.
- The plug-in setting pop-over now remains open until you tap outside its boundaries, making it easier to audition different settings.
Stability and reliability
- Logic Remote no longer quits unexpectedly on iPhone if the device is rotated while the “Please open a Logic Project to begin” dialog is being displayed.
- If MainStage is relaunched while Logic Remote is showing the "Please open a MainStage concert to begin" dialog, the dialog now closes as expected after opening a concert.
- Logic Remote now shows the “Please open a Logic project to begin” dialog instead of the mixer from the previous project when a file is closed on the host.
- Logic Remote now allows creation of up to six Drummer tracks with GarageBand.
- Muted notes played on the fretboard of a Chord Strip are now recorded properly in GarageBand.
- Sustain is now automatically disabled when the arpeggiator is enabled.
- There is now better velocity sensitivity response when playing Touch Instruments.
- Logic Remote now controls the puck in Alchemy as expected.
Logic Remote 1.3.2
- Scrolling the Mixer no longer causes the Peak Meters to go blank.
- Changes made to track names and colors on the host are now immediately visible in the Inspector of Logic Remote.
- Tapping on an empty send in Logic Remote no longer displays unusable commands, such as Bypass.
- The Sends menu no longer comes up unexpectedly when tapping an External MIDI, or Output channel.
- Changes to a channel’s panning mode in the host application area are now immediately reflected in Logic Remote.
- Stereo pan controls can now be inverted directly from Logic Remote.
- The Record button now reliably becomes visible when Show/Hide Record Enable Button is chosen in GarageBand while using Logic Remote on the iPhone.
- It's now possible to add additional sends using Logic Remote when the first page of sends is full, and there are not yet any sends on the second page.
- On the iPhone, all bar and beat position values are now visible when the playhead position is earlier than the first bar of the song.
- The Timeline now remains visible after the device is rotated to landscape and then back to portrait mode.
- Help tags now reliably remain visible on iPhone.
Logic Remote 1.3.1
- It's now possible to set the Drum Kit as the Touch Instrument input for any Software Instrument patch.
- Logic Remote’s Touch Instrument input method now updates reliably when changing patches.
- The Touch Instruments keyboard no longer sends an unexpectedly large number of Sustain Off messages in some circumstances.
- Level meters throughout the application now register peaks in a consistent manner.
- Level meters now display value readouts.
- Double-tapping an empty EQ overview now adds the EQ plug-in type specified by the host application.
- Double-tapping the compressor slot now inserts a Compressor plug-in.
- Double-tapping a volume fader now sets its gain to 0db.
- Mixer channels now show a clip indicator on iPhone.
- It is now possible to reset all level meters by tapping the peak level display on one meter.
- It is now possible to bypass individual sends in the Logic Remote Mixer view.
- It is now possible to assign new sends in the Logic Remote Mixer view.
- Bypassed sends are now dimmed in the Logic Remote Mixer view.
- Plug-ins assigned to channel strips can now be opened with a double-tap.
- On iPhone, removing the last send from the Send 5-8 bank now causes the view to switch to the Sends 1-4 bank as expected.
- On iPhone, the scale on the Master meter no longer shows as linear when exponential is chosen in Logic’s preferences.
- In EXS24, the Prev/Next buttons are now correctly labeled.
- Key command buttons on Logic Remote now illuminate to show their state.
- Logic Remote now supports Trim and Relative automation modes.
- Logic Remote now reliably showed the correct path to selected patches.
- Logic Remote no longer sends unexpected sustain off messages at the start of MIDI recording.
- The space bar on an iPad Pro Smart Keyboard can now be used to stop/start.
Logic Remote 1.3
New features and enhancements
- Adds support for iPad Pro and iPhone.
(iPhone version is compatible with Logic Pro X only and limited to transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, and access to key commands)
- You can now connect multiple devices running Logic Remote simultaneously to the same host application.
- You can now drag key command buttons to new positions in the Key Commands view.
- The Reset Solo button now controls the Kill/Recall Solo button in Logic Pro X.
iPad Pro enhancements
- The higher resolution of the iPad Pro allows it to display more:
- The number of visible channel strips in the mixer increases from 9 to 12.
- The maximum number of currently playable piano keys increases from 31 to 41.
- The number of visible key command buttons increases from 24 to 35.
- The number of currently playable Chord Strips increases from 8 to 12.
- Logic Remote on the iPad Pro includes a combined view that offers a row of Key Commands in addition to the Smart Controls + Touch Instrument view and the Chord Strips view.
- On the iPad Pro, the Channel Strip element is combined with the plug-in interface. This allows you to use the plug-in chain without returning to the Mixer view.
- Logic Remote 1.3 includes various fixes and enhancements to improve connectivity.
- The Key Commands window now refreshes as expected when reconnecting to a host.
- Tapping an unassigned key command cell on Logic Remote no longer causes the screen in Logic Pro X to flash.
- It's no longer necessary to open a Channel EQ plug-in window on the host for Logic Remote to display the EQ curve.
- Adjusting the ES2 Digiwaves slider from Logic Remote no longer causes ES2 to unexpectedly cycle through waves.
- The onscreen keyboard now triggers sound as expected after switching from the keyboard to chord strips and then back to the keyboard.
Logic Remote 1.2.3
- The EQ graph on the Channel EQ now draws correctly.
- Gain values on the Channel EQ now render in the correct position on the screen.
- When used with GarageBand, Logic Remote no longer shows Note Repeat and Spot Erase buttons on the Drum Pads view.
Logic Remote 1.2.2
- Logic Remote now includes tabbed Transform Pad and X/Y Pad Smart Controls for Alchemy instruments.
- It's now possible to create more than one Drummer track in Logic Pro X or GarageBand using Logic Remote.
- A double-tap on an Instrument slot now opens the Instrument plug-in.
- Includes general stability improvements.
- Logic Remote now shows the same warning dialog as Logic Pro X when Automation Write mode is selected.
- When selecting an input or output in Logic Remote, the current channel is now indicated by a checkmark.
Logic Remote 1.2.1
- Logic remote no longer shows an unneeded Solo button on External MIDI channel strips.
- Editing graphs in the Graphic EQ is more responsive.
- You can now dismiss pop-up menus brought up from a channel strip by tapping anywhere on the same channel strip.
Logic Remote 1.2
- You can adjust the Logic Pro X Channel EQ directly from an iPad.
- A new plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters with Logic Pro X.
- You can remotely add or reorder plug-ins with Logic Pro X.
- Control the microphone and other input settings for compatible audio interfaces
- It is now possible to navigate tracks in the LCD pop-up menu.
- Holding the transport channel switch buttons now scrolls through tracks or channels.
- Single-tapping the center of a knob no longer affects its value.
- The Bass Fretboard touch instrument is now available with all patches.
- Logic Remote now has an option to override the system sleep settings on an iPad.
- The Metronome button's state now reflects the state of the Metronome in Logic Pro X or GarageBand.
- The Mixer now opens to the last selected view.
- Logic Remote no longer quits unexpectedly when switching to Smart Controls view from Drum Pad or Chord Strip view with a drum machine patch selected.
- If you reopen Logic Pro X, Logic Remote no longer briefly shows an unneeded “Please open a Logic project” dialog while reconnecting.
- Logic Remote no longer overrides MainStage’s tremolo knob position.
- The next and previous patch buttons are now reliably available with MainStage when you select the first or last patch in the patch list.
Logic Remote 1.1.1
- Adds support for iOS 8
Logic Remote 1.1
- New streamlined design
- Adds more scale choices for Touch Instruments
Logic Remote 1.0.4
Fixes an issue that prevented scale modes and chord strips from updating to the current project key.
Logic Remote 1.0.3
- Includes support for MainStage 3.
- There is now a slider to adjust the velocity sensitivity of Touch Instruments.
- Logic Remote no longer offers the menu item “New Drummer Track” when the current Logic project already has a Drummer track.
- The screen to insert a plug-in is no longer blank after creating a new project in the Smart Controls/Touch Instruments view.
- The Remove Key Command menu item no longer appears when tapping an empty tile in the Key Commands window.
- Resolves a rare issue in which the Logic Remote and GarageBand timelines might become out of sync.
- Logic Remote no longer prevents iPad from entering sleep mode.
- When a new patch is created via the gear menu, Logic Remote now switches to the Library view.
- Includes several accessibility improvements.
Logic Remote 1.0.2
- Adds compatibility with GarageBand for Mac (v10.0).
- Velocity range is adjustable for Touch Instruments.
- Library Browser and Smart Controls can now appear on screen together.
- Includes various improvements to enhance performance and stability.
Logic Remote 1.0.1
- Includes several improvements to resolve issues related to connecting Logic Remote to the computer running Logic Pro X.
- Resolves an issue in which Logic Remote might quit unexpectedly when changing banks in the Mixer while moving a fader.
- Resolves an issue in which notes might hang while switching articulation settings.
- Fixes an issue in which the Chord Strip window might turn black if an empty Software Instrument track was created while it was open.
- Resolves an issue in which the Logic Remote LCD sometimes showed "Not Connected" after it successfully connected to Logic Pro X.
- The velocity range when playing Software Instruments from Logic Remote has increased.
- Fixes an issue in which switching out of Logic Remote while holding notes on the keyboard might lead to stuck notes in Logic Pro X.
- Includes several improvements to reduce the likelihood of hanging notes when using a USB keyboard with iPad.
- iPad no longer goes to sleep if Logic Remote is sending MIDI, or if Logic Pro X is playing.