After you add funds, you can use your Apple ID balance to make purchases in the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books, and for iCloud Storage. The balance is used for each purchase that you make until there isn't any balance left.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
On your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- At the top of the iTunes window, click Store.
- If you have a balance, you'll see it below the search field.
- If you use Family Sharing, any funds that you add to your Apple ID balance are available only to you. Your Apple ID balance isn't shared with other family members.
- Your balance is available in the iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Books. If you don't think the amount of balance available to you is correct, check your purchase history to see if some of the balance was used for a purchase. If you still don't think the balance is correct, sign out of the iTunes Store and App Store on all of your devices and then sign back in.
- Learn how App Store and iTunes Store purchases are billed.
Before you can delete your Apple ID or change your Apple ID country or region, you must spend any Apple ID balance. You also might have to wait for any pending refunds to process. If you have less balance than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.
You can't redeem or return App Store & iTunes Gift Cards or unused balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can request a refund: Contact Apple Support, then select a support category and topic. Include the following information in your request detail:
- Your Apple ID.
- The refund amount.
- Your current shipping address.
Additional information might be requested for verification purposes.