Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Drag and drop items on Mac
You can drag and drop items to do things like move or copy files and folders, add an image to an email, or move text around in a document.
On your Mac, select an item you want to drag—such as an image or block of text.
Press and hold the trackpad or mouse while you drag the item to a new location.
To copy the item instead of moving it, press and hold the Option key while you drag.
Release the trackpad or mouse to drop the item in the new location.
Thanks for your feedback.