Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Change WINS settings on Mac
On your Mac, use WINS network settings to enter settings for a Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS) server. See Enter WINS settings.
To change these settings, choose Apple menu > System Settings, click Network in the sidebar, click a network service on the right, click Details, then click WINS. (You may need to scroll down.)
Enter the NetBIOS name for the WINS server.
Choose the workgroup to use.
List of WINS servers.
Add a WINS server to the list: Click the Add button at the bottom of the WINS servers list, then enter the IP address of a WINS server.
Remove a WINS server from the list: Select a server in the list, then click the Remove button at the bottom of the WINS servers list.
Thanks for your feedback.