How to turn off Find My iPhone on your iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Tap [your name] > Find My.
- Tap Find My iPhone, then tap to turn it off.*
- Enter your Apple ID password. Forgot your password?
- Tap Turn Off.
If you no longer have access to your iPhone, you can remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
* On an iPad or iPod touch, tap "Find My iPad" or "Find My iPod touch."
What happens when you turn off Find My iPhone
If you need to locate a lost or stolen device, Find My can help you get it back. You can see the device's location on a map, play a sound to help find it, and more. Find My also includes Activation Lock, a feature that's designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone. Learn more about how Activation Lock works.
When you turn off Find My iPhone, you lose these capabilities, which can make your iPhone more difficult to recover.
Learn more about Find My
- Learn how to turn off Activation Lock so that you can set up and use a device, or prepare your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch before you sell, give it away, or trade it in.
- Learn how to set up the Find My app so you can find your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, or AirPods if they ever go missing.
- Need to turn off Find My [device] on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac? Learn how.