Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
About the Time Machine backup password on Mac
To encrypt the Time Machine backup, you must provide a backup password. No one but you should have access to your password. Choose a hint that helps you remember your password. To restore files from encrypted Time Machine backups, you must provide your backup password.
Important: If you have iCloud Keychain enabled, you may be able to retrieve your backup password through Keychain Access. Otherwise, you can’t restore or recover your data if you lose or forget your password.
Thanks for your feedback.