macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Turn off FileVault encryption on Mac
When you turn off FileVault, encryption is turned off and the contents of your Mac are decrypted. The decrypting could take a while, depending on how much information you have stored. However, you can still use your Mac to do other tasks while the information is being decrypted.
Choose Apple menu > System Settings, click Privacy & Security in the sidebar, then go to FileVault. (You may need to scroll down.)
Click Turn Off.
Click Turn Off Encryption.