The new Items tab in Find My lets you keep track of compatible third-party products and personal items using the power of the Find My network, an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions of Apple devices. Devices in the Find My network use secure Bluetooth technology to detect your missing items nearby and report their approximate location back to you, so you can find them.
Use the steps below to add a compatible third-party product to Find My.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to begin the connection process.
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- In the Items tab, tap Add New Item.
- Follow the onscreen steps to name it and register it to your Apple ID.
After you successfully add your item, you can see it on the map, play a sound if it’s nearby, enable Lost Mode, and get notified when it is found, depending on which features your item supports.
If you need help
Make sure that your Apple ID is protected by two-factor authentication, then check the following.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- You're using the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- You turned on Bluetooth.
- You turned on Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
On your Mac:
- You're using the latest version of macOS.