Search for a channel in the Apple TV app to see movies, shows, and other content that you can watch with a subscription. Pricing varies by channel. You can see details about the trial, monthly price, and renewal terms before confirming your subscription. In addition to subscribing to Apple TV channels, you can subscribe to Apple TV+ to watch original stories from the most creative minds in TV and film.
The Apple TV app and Apple TV channels availability might vary by country or region. Learn more about what’s available in your country or region.
Here's what you need
Make sure that you have one of the following devices:
- An iPhone or iPod touch with the latest version of iOS
- An iPad with the latest version of iPadOS
- A Mac with the latest version of macOS
- An Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest version of tvOS
- An Apple TV (3rd generation) with Apple TV Software Update 7.3 or later
- A smart TV or streaming device that supports the Apple TV app
Find Apple TV channels
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Apple TV app, then tap Watch Now at the bottom of the screen. On your Mac, Apple TV, smart TV, or streaming device open the Apple TV app, then select Watch Now at the top of the screen.
Scroll down to Try Apple TV channels or go to Search to find a specific channel.
The Apple TV app and Apple TV channels availability might vary by country and region, and specific channels might not be available in every country or region.
Subscribe or start a free trial
Select a channel that you want to subscribe to, or start a free trial. When your trial ends, your Apple ID will be charged.
If you’re using Family Sharing and someone in your family group subscribes to an Apple TV channel, you’ll see a message that you already have access to that channel.
Sign in with your Apple ID
You might be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. Make sure that you sign in with the Apple ID that you use for App Store and iTunes Store purchases.
If you don't have an Apple ID, follow the prompts to create one. If you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure if you have one, learn what to do.
If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication set up for your Apple ID. Learn about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can’t sign in.
Confirm your billing information
You might be asked to confirm your billing information and might need to add a valid payment method.
If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.
Watch on all of your devices, online or offline
You can stream content2 included with your channel subscription in the Apple TV app, without having to download an app. And you can access your subscription on any device that's signed in to the TV app with your Apple ID.
If you're part of a Family Sharing group, your family can stream content from each channel on up to 3 devices at the same time.2 Some channels might allow you to stream on more than 3 devices simultaneously. Learn more about using Family Sharing to share purchases.
In addition to watching your subscription in the Apple TV app, you might be able to sign in to a channel's website or app with the same Apple ID that you use in the Apple TV app to watch content.
Download content from a channel
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can download select TV shows and movies from a channel in the Apple TV app to watch offline. Just go to the channel's page in the Apple TV app or search for a movie or TV show that you want to download. Then tap next to an episode or movie.
To find and play your downloads, go to the Library tab and tap Downloaded.
- Join Apple TV+ to stream all-new Apple Originals, ad-free and on demand.
- Watch movies, TV shows, and live content in the Apple TV app.
- Buy movies and TV shows and watch them anywhere with the Apple TV app.
- You might be able to sign in to the Apple TV app with your pay TV or cable provider to access on-demand programming and additional content from your cable provider.
- Learn how to cancel Apple TV channel subscriptions.
- You can watch all content on demand and ad-free. Select on-demand shows from CBS might include promotional interruptions. Some channels might also allow you to stream live TV, which can include commercials. Channels that allow you to watch live TV in the Apple TV app might require Location Services to be turned on for your device.
- When traveling internationally, you might not be able to stream content from some channels. Download the movies or shows that you want to watch before leaving your current country or region.