Turn on Bluetooth on your device
Depending on the apps that you're using, you might see an alert that says you need to enable Bluetooth before you can pair an accessory with Bluetooth.
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security and tap Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth for the apps that you want to use.
Pair your device with a Bluetooth accessory
- On your device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth. Stay on this screen until you complete the steps to pair your accessory.
- Place your accessory in discovery mode and wait for it to appear on your device. If you don't see it or aren't sure how to make it discoverable, check the instructions that came with your accessory or contact the manufacturer.
- To pair, tap your accessory name when it appears onscreen. You might need to enter the PIN or passcode. If you aren't sure what your PIN or passcode is, check the documentation for your accessory.
After you pair your accessory, you can use it with your device. To pair multiple Bluetooth accessories, repeat these steps. If you have multiple Bluetooth devices paired with your iPhone or iPad, you can choose which audio source you want to use.
Unpair a Bluetooth accessory
To unpair a Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap the More Info button , then Forget this Device. This removes the accessory from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
To add the Bluetooth accessory to your device again, place it back in discovery mode and repeat the steps to pair your device.
If you can't pair your Bluetooth accessory
If you're still unable to pair your Bluetooth accessory with your device, learn what to do.