Snapping, crackling, popping, or no audio on one side
- Make sure the 3.5 mm audio jack is fully plugged in. The straight input connects to your headset, and the L-shaped input connects to your audio device.
- Check that your audio source is on and working.
- If your audio source is a computer or laptop, try adjusting the configuration settings.
- If you still hear distorted sound, try a different audio source and an alternate cable.
Volume too high
Turn the source volume down.
Phone not responding to button presses
Make sure that the headset plug is securely connected. For multi-press functions, vary the speed of presses when you use the remote/mic.
Remember to install the latest software updates on your device. The inline remote/mic may have limited functionality with devices that don’t run iOS.
Microphone does not pick up sound
- Make sure that the headset plug is securely connected and that the socket is clean and clear.
- Check that the microphone—located on the back of the remote—isn’t blocked or covered.
- Make sure the straight-end of the plug is connected to the headphones and the angled L-shaped plug is connected to the audio source.
- If you're using your Beats with a computer, make sure that your computer microphone is set to the correct input source.