After you’ve contacted Apple for service, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your product to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your product so that Apple receives it within 10 days of the day your replacement product was shipped to you by Apple (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your original product within 10 days, or if Apple technicians find that your original product is ineligible for service or for issues that are not covered by an active AppleCare+ plan, you'll be charged the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see iPad Express Replacement Service, ERS terms and conditions for service covered by Apple's Limited Warranty or an AppleCare plan, or ERS terms and conditions for service not covered by Apple's Limited Warranty, an AppleCare plan, or consumer law.
Pack your iPad
Follow these steps to prepare your iPad:
- Backup your iPad.
- Remove your iPad from the Apple device list and erase your data.
- Remove the SIM card from your iPad (if applicable).
- Place your iPad inside the tray in the white box and close the lid. (Do not include your stereo headset, USB cable, power adapter, or other accessories. If you include extra items in the box, we won't be able to return them to you.)
- Put the white box inside the brown box and close it.
- Seal the box with tape and mail the box to Apple. If there is a battery sticker pasted on the outside of the box, please make sure it is not obstructed.*
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping.
Send your iPad to Apple using Express Replacement Service
Choose your country or region:
© 2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, AirPods and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.