New in GarageBand for iOS 2.3.15
Stability and reliability
- GarageBand no longer quits unexpectedly when importing a MIDI file that uses a 3/4 time signature.
- Addresses an issue when GarageBand can unexpectedly quit while editing MIDI note velocities.
- The Swing menu in Drummer now includes a new option called Swing None.
- Playback now remains in sync after changing a row’s playback speed and then returning to the original setting.
- The Jam Session settings no longer show duplicate entries for devices.
- Corrects an issue where sustain behaviour may persist even when switching to patches that provide no option to disable.
- GarageBand now consistently shows a message when a Bluetooth audio device is connected.
- Playing a three-note chord (three-finger tap) on a Touch Instrument no longer triggers an Undo prompt.
GarageBand now requires permission from the user to access the microphone prior to recording audio with the microphone or other source.
Stability and reliability
- GarageBand now has improved performance when browsing sounds for Touch Instruments while recording on iPad.
- Resolves an issue where GarageBand sometimes quits unexpectedly while installing sound packs.
- Audio Unit controls are no longer interrupted because the GarageBand audio engine now automatically restarts when an external device is connected.
- VoiceOver now announces song sections as they're swiped through.
- Dragging the Car Horn loop in the Toy Box sound pack from the Loop Browser to a track now places the correct sound in the track.
- The Horse effect in the Erhu instrument no longer remains active after releasing the control and while Grace Notes are triggered at the same time.
- Resolves an issue where some Apple Loops previewed properly in the loop browser, but then did not sound the same when dragged to the Tracks Area.
- Double-tapping the Chord Strip on iPhone no longer hides the keyboard.
External Hardware Support
- Inputs from audio devices that support AudioDriverKit are now selectable in GarageBand.
- The Level Meter now displays as expected in the Input Menu when using a multichannel audio interface.
New features and enhancements
- A New Pattern button has been added to the Step Sequencer.
Stability and reliability
- GarageBand no longer quits infrequently when a note in the Piano Roll is tapped several times in quick succession.
- GarageBand no longer hangs when an Audio Unit Extension app is instantiated in a project for the first time.
- Performance is improved when using the two-finger gesture to control HiHats in the drum kit.
- Starting audio preview of a loop while playing a video now stops the audio output of the video.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces slider values in the Compressor.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the New Recording button in the Document Manager.
- Stomp boxes in the Smart Guitar instrument can now be activated using VoiceOver.
- Navigation in the Track Settings using VoiceOver has been improved.
- VoiceOver can now be used to create, edit and delete automation points.
- VoiceOver now announces values of controls in the Sampler as soon as they have been selected.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the Piano Keys button.
- VoiceOver now updates to announce changes to controls when a new channel strip setting is loaded.
- VoiceOver now includes clock tick position when announcing the current playback position.
- VoiceOver no longer converts chord names containing sharps to their enharmonic flat equivalents.
- VoiceOver now reliably invokes the region edit menu on iPadOS.
- Two-finger scrub to reset to the beginning of the project during playback now works with VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the Percussion controls in Drummer.
- VoiceOver now provides feedback when editing region borders.
- VoiceOver now announces the currently visible area when scrolling through the Tracks area.
- Navigating FX Controls using VoiceOver is now easier.
- It is now possible to navigate through all the steps of the Snare row in Beat Sequencer.
- VoiceOver now announces the chosen destination when dragging and dropping items.
- The Tap Tempo button can now be controlled using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the Face Recognition button.
- VoiceOver now provides a warning when an Apple Loop is dragged to an unsupported location on the Live Loops grid.
- The Loop Browser is now fully accessible using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the Reset Filter button in the Loop Browser.
- The Kick & Snare variation slider is now disabled as expected in VoiceOver when Follow is enabled.
- Using VoiceOver to navigate and adjust the effect controls with Stompboxes had been improved.
- VoiceOver now announces the current values of notes lengths while editing them in the Piano Roll.
- The video Play button in the Producers and Artists sound packs is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- The Input slider for new audio recordings is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now announces the number of available new loops in the Get More Apple Loops button popover.
- VoiceOver now announces the volume slider in the Loops popover window.
- VoiceOver now announces the number of available notifications in the Sound Library.
- VoiceOver announcements for the Time Ruler now change to seconds/milliseconds when the format is changed from Bars and Beats.
- The names of controls announced by VoiceOver are now consistent with the corresponding names found in the GarageBand Help.
- VoiceOver no longer continually announces the Cutoff and Resonance control values as 100% while using the electronic bass instruments.
- It is now possible to import loops into the Sampler using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now announces Row numbers in Beat Sequencer.
- VoiceOver now announces changes to values in the Autoplay button in Smart Instruments.
- VoiceOver announcements are no longer interrupted sometimes when the focus changes while deleting, copying, pasting or duplicating an audio recording.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the Learn more about the Control Bar button.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the Scale button while using the Erhu instrument.
- VoiceOver now provides an audible count-in when recording.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the EQ controls in the Amp plug-in.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the keyboard controls while using the Sampler.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces selected scales while using the Sampler.
- The Smart Keyboard is now fully accessible using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver no longer announces “null, null” while GarageBand is displaying a loading indicator.
- VoiceOver now announces the number of available sound packs in the Get more keyboard sounds window.
- Descriptive text in the Keyboard track selector is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces seconds as well as fractions of seconds when the Playhead is dragged.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces all buttons and elements in the Live Loops library.
- All Sound Library item detail screens are now fully accessible using VoiceOver.
- It is now possible to select and merge tracks using VoiceOver.
- Various inactive switch controls no longer only appear to be activated when using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver can now activate the Automation button in the Track Header.
- Navigation in Drummer when using VoiceOver is now easier.
- When sharing, VoiceOver no longer offers to share a song when a folder is selected.
- The Duplicate and Add song section buttons are now accessible using VoiceOver.
- The Velocity control in the onscreen keyboard is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- The Note Editor is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- The Automation editor is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- The Visual EQ plug-in is now accessible using VoiceOver.
- Live Loops cells now reliably play their full lengths as set in the editor.
- Live Loops cells now play consistently as expected after the song tempo has been adjusted several times.
- When previewing an artist loop, the preview video now stops playing.
Export and sharing
- Exported or shared projects now include sound from AUReverb2 plug-ins used in the project.
- Sustain in Alchemy now reliably affects the note being pressed.
- Undo now works after pasting automation.