If you can't see the item that you want to re-download
- Make sure the item is in your purchase history for your Apple ID. If you can't see the item in your purchase history, you may have purchased the item with a different Apple ID.
- If you can't see an app that you want to re-download, that app might not be compatible with your device. For example, an app that you've bought for your Mac might not work on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- If you don't see items in your purchase history on other Apple IDs, the purchases might be hidden. Learn how to redownload hidden apps or unhide music, films, TV shows, books and audiobooks.
- Do you want to re-download an app or other content that a family member purchased? If you have Family Sharing, you can download shared purchases.
If there is a problem when you redownload
- Learn what to do if you can't download any apps on your iPhone or iPad or you can’t download any apps on your Mac.
- Can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books or Apple TV app? Learn what to do if you can't connect.
- If you see items in your purchase history but you can't re-download them, report a problem.
If you see a message that says "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days", you might need to wait to re=download your purchases. Learn more about associated devices.