Warning: AirTag, the battery cover and the battery might present a choking hazard or cause other injury to small children. Keep these items away from small children.
Replace your AirTag battery
- Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of your AirTag and rotate anticlockwise until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and battery.
- Insert a new CR2032 lithium 3V coin battery (available at most electronic stores and pharmacies) with the positive side facing up. You’ll hear a sound indicating that the battery is connected.
CR2032 batteries with bitterant coatings might not work with AirTag or other battery-powered products, depending on the alignment of the coating in relation to the battery contacts.
- Replace the cover, making sure that the three tabs on the cover align with the three slots on the AirTag.
- Rotate the cover clockwise until it stops.
Find out if you need to replace the battery
When your AirTag battery is very low, a notification will appear on your iPhone:
You can also check the Find My app to see if your AirTag battery needs to be replaced:
- Open the Find My app.
- Tap the Items tab.
- Tap the AirTag whose battery charge you want to check.
- If the battery level is very low, Low Battery will appear under the name of your AirTag.