You can remove and install many of the parts in your Mac Pro. If you receive a replacement part from Apple, follow the steps to send your original part back to Apple.
Apple I/O card
The Apple I/O card comes preinstalled in Slot 8 and has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, two USB-A ports and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Learn how to replace the Apple I/O card.
Mac Pro supports up to one or two solid-state drive (SSD) modules, depending on the capacity. Learn how to install or replace SSD modules in your Mac Pro.
Send your part back to Apple
If you order a replacement part from Apple, follow these steps to send back the original part:
- Re-package your part in the packaging in which your original part came.
- Tape the box closed.
- Remove the pre-applied top label from the box (that’s your copy). Make sure the return delivery label remains on the box.
- Find the name of the courier on the return delivery label.
- Visit the courier’s website to schedule a pick-up or find a drop-off location.
- Get a receipt from the courier.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your defective part.
Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.