You can transpose or fine-tune the pitch of audio regions in tracks that you've already recorded to match the pitch of the instruments in the project. For example, if you've changed the key of a project, some of your existing vocal tracks may be out of tune.
- Select a region in the Tracks area.
- Click the Inspector button in the control bar or press I on your keyboard.
- In the Inspector, if necessary click the disclosure triangle icon next to Region to view region parameters. Or, press Option-R to open the Region inspector in a separate window.
- Do either to transpose or fine-tune an audio region:
- To choose a preset value, click the Transpose or Fine-Tune pop-up menu and choose a preset value.
- To set a custom value, click-and-drag in the Transpose or Fine-Tune field.
The audio region in the Tracks area and the Audio Tracks Editor shows how much you're transposing the region in semi-tones. If you change the pitch of a region during playback, you'll hear the changes immediately.