Use Apple Pay to travel on public transport
Where you can use Apple Pay for travel with Express Travel mode
You can use Express Travel mode to pay for travel with Apple Pay in these countries or regions. Depending on your transport agency, you might be able to set up a card in Wallet for Express Travel mode* or use Express Travel mode with a payment card in Wallet.
*Not all public transport cards are supported. Check with your card issuer for information about public transport cards you can add to Apple Pay.
- All forms of transit that accept Suica
- London: Transport for London (TfL)
Where you can use Apple Pay for travel without Express Travel mode
If you aren't using Express Travel mode, you need to authenticate your travel purchase at the transport terminal or gate with Face ID, Touch ID or passcode. Here are some additional countries and regions where you can pay for travel with a payment card in Wallet on your iPhone and Apple Watch if you aren't using Express Travel mode:**
- Sydney: Transport for NSW
- Moscow: Moscow Metro
- Saint Petersburg
- Vancouver: TransLink
- Guangzhou: UnionPay (CUP) credit cards
- Hangzhou: UnionPay (CUP) credit and debit cards
- Chicago: Ventra system
**Check with your transport agency to see if they support payment using Apple Pay.
- Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch
- Use Apple Pay to pay for your travel without Express Travel mode
- Discover how to use Express Travel mode with Apple Pay to pay for travel
- Learn how to set up a card in Wallet to travel on public transport with Apple Pay
- See all of the devices that are compatible with Apple Pay
- Use Suica on your iPhone or Apple Watch in Japan
- Use Express Travel with Apple Pay in China mainland
- Add a public transport card to Apple Pay in China mainland