If your iPad keyboard isn't at its full size and centred at the bottom of your screen, you've probably turned on one of these features:
- Floating keyboard, which is a smaller, single keyboard that can move anywhere on the screen
- Split keyboard, which divides the keyboard into two halves that can move up and down
To get your keyboard back to normal, follow the steps below.
How to get your floating iPad keyboard back to normal
- Place two fingers on the floating keyboard.
- Spread your fingers apart to enlarge the keyboard back to its full size, then let go.
How to get your split iPad keyboard back to normal
- Tap a text field in an app to make the keyboard appear.
- Touch and hold the keyboard button in the lower-right corner of the keyboard.
- Slide your finger up to either Merge or Dock and Merge, then let go.
The split keyboard is only available on iPad models that have a Home button.
Find out more about typing with the onscreen keyboard on iPad, including how to use the floating and split keyboard.