With the Clock app, you can turn your iPhone into an alarm clock. You can also ask Siri to set an alarm for you.
How to set an alarm
- Open the Clock app, then tap the Alarm tab.
- Tap the Add button .
- Set a time for the alarm. You can also choose one of these options:
- Repeat: Tap to set up a recurring alarm.
- Label: Tap to name your alarm.
- Sound: Tap to pick a sound that will play when the alarm sounds.
- Snooze: Turn on to see a Snooze option when the alarm sounds.
- Tap Save.
How to change the alarm's volume
- Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Under Ringtone and Alert Volume, drag the slider to the left or right to set the volume. While you're dragging the slider, an alert will sound so you can hear how the volume changes.
- Turn on Change with Buttons to use the volume buttons on your device to change the alarm volume.
Find out what to do if the alarm volume is too low or quiet.
How to edit an alarm
- Open the Clock app and tap the Alarm tab.
- Tap Edit in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap the alarm, make your changes, then tap Save.
How to delete an alarm
- Swipe left over the alarm and tap Delete.
- Tap Edit, tap the Delete button , then tap Delete.
- Tap Edit, tap the alarm, then tap Delete Alarm.
If the alarm volume is too low or quiet
Do Not Disturb and the Ring/Silent switch don't affect the alarm sound. If you set your Ring/Silent switch to Silent or turn on Do Not Disturb, the alarm will still sound.
If your alarm doesn't sound or is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:
- Set the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume up or volume down button to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringtone and Alert Volume.
- If your alarm only vibrates, make sure your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
- If you connect headphones to your iPhone, the alarm will play at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones.
Manually adjusting the time on your iPhone in Settings to change app behaviour, like game timers, isn't recommended and can affect alarms.