Check your Apple Watch connection
If you don’t get notifications, messages or calls on your Apple Watch, your Apple Watch and iPhone might not be connected. When your devices disconnect, the red iPhone icon or the red X icon appears on your watch face. You can also check your connection in Control Centre. When your Apple Watch connects again, the green iPhone icon appears.
First, bring your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together. If you still see that the devices are disconnected and need help, try the steps below. After each step, see if your devices can connect.
Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again
- Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they’re in range.
- On your iPhone, make sure that Aeroplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and bluetooth are on. To check, open Control Centre.
- If you see the Airplane Mode icon on your watch face, Airplane Mode is on. Open Control Centre, then turn off Aeroplane Mode.
- Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
Unpair your devices, then pair them again
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.
- If you’ve forgotten your passcode, you can reset it.
- If you want to connect your Apple Watch to a different iPhone, you can transfer your Apple Watch and its content.
- If your Apple Watch won’t charge, learn what to do.
- If you can’t find the “i” icon, learn what to do.