Apple Music isn't a backup service. Make sure to back up your music library before you make any changes.
First, check these things
- Are all of your devices connected to the internet?
- Do you have an active subscription to Apple Music?
- Are all of your devices signed in with the same Apple ID that you use with your Apple Music subscription?
- Is Sync Library turned on for all of your devices?
Check the cloud status of songs on your Mac or PC
- On your Mac, open the Apple Music app. On your PC, open iTunes, choose Music from the pop-up menu, then click Library.
- In the sidebar, select Songs.
- In the menu bar, choose View > Show View Options.
- Select Cloud Status and Cloud Download.
Look for the following statuses next to your songs to learn what to do.
The song won’t appear on your other devices because it’s waiting to upload. Choose File > Library > Update Cloud Library. Then check if the song appears on your other devices.
The song was deleted from another device that has Sync Library turned on. If you want the song to appear on your other devices, click the arrow next to the song, then click Add to Cloud Music Library.
An exclamation point
The song can't be played or synced across your devices until the original file is located. Click the exclamation point , then click Locate.
If the song is located, you'll be asked to use the location to find other missing songs in your library. If you see this message, click Find Files.
If a song is grayed out
If you see No Longer Available next to a song that's grayed out, the song was added from Apple Music and was removed from the Apple Music catalog.
Find out what the different cloud icons and symbols next to your songs mean in the Apple Music app
Find out what the different cloud icons and symbols next to your songs mean in iTunes
Search for the missing song on your computer
- Search your Mac or PC for the missing song.
- If you find the missing song, drag the song to the Apple Music app or iTunes.
- In the Apple Music app or iTunes, choose File > Library > Update Cloud Library.