Edit your date of birth
If you need to change the date of birth for someone below age 13, contact Apple Support.*
On your Apple ID account page
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Account section, click Edit.
- Update your date of birth and click Done. If you're changing the date of birth for a child, find out what to do.
Depending on how you created your Apple ID, you may be required to provide additional information or change your Apple ID username from a mobile phone number to an email address.
On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You may need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Change Birthday or Birthday.
- Update your date of birth, then tap Done. If you're changing the date of birth for a child, find out what to do.
Change the date of birth for a child
To change the date of birth to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group and your family organiser must approve the change. After you have changed the date of birth to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Find out more about Family Sharing.
- Update the date of birth.
- Follow the on-screen steps to send an email request to your family organiser.
- Your family organiser will get an email with instructions to approve the request.