When you try to update Pages, Numbers, or Keynote from the Purchased screen of the Mac App Store in an OS version earlier than macOS Sierra, the page might spin indefinitely.
To fix the issue, get the latest version of macOS.
If you can't update macOS
If you can't get the latest version of macOS, but you need to update to the most recent version of Pages, Numbers, or Keynote that is compatible with your operating system, follow these steps:
- Open the Mac App Store, then click Purchased. Make sure that the apps are listed on the Purchased page.
- Quit the Mac App Store.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, select Go > Applications.
- Find the app you're trying to update and drag it to the trash.
- Open the Mac App Store again, then click Purchased.
- Click the Install button to the right of the app that you want to update.
- Click Continue to install the last supported version of the app.