If you're a business owner and want to correct the information about one of your locations in Maps, sign in to Places on Maps.
If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Turn on Location Services and Location Access for Maps. In the Settings app, tap Privacy, then tap Location Services. Make sure Location Services is turned on and Maps is set to While Using the App or Widgets.
- Set the date, time and time zone correctly on your device. In the Settings app, tap General, then tap Date & Time. If possible, turn on Set Automatically.
- Turn on mobile data or Wi-Fi so that you have an active connection. In the Settings app, tap Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, then select a network or mobile plan.
Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots and phone towers to determine your location. If you still can't find your current location in Maps, close the Maps app and reopen it. You can also try to restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Find out more about Location Services on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
If you can't find your current location on your Mac
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Make sure that Enable Location Services is selected. If the lock in the bottom left-hand corner is closed, click it, then enter your username and password.
- Tick the box next to Maps.
- Close the Security & Privacy window.
- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.
Report an issue or add a missing place in Maps on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- In the Maps app, scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Report an Issue. From this screen, you can report a street, place or route issue, add a place to Maps or report an incident.
- After you've chosen an issue, follow the onscreen instructions.
Report an issue or add a missing place in Maps on your Mac
- From the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Report an Issue.
- Choose an issue. From this screen, you can add a place to Maps or report a street or place issue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
To report a missing place, from the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Add to Maps.
You can also edit your home or work address.
To report an issue or a missing place, you must have a Mac computer with Apple silicon, the Apple T2 Security Chip or a Touch Bar.
If you're having trouble with spoken directions on your iOS or iPadOS device
- In the Settings app, tap Maps.
- Tap Spoken Directions.
- Select your options, such as whether to pause podcasts for directions or whether to hear directions through your vehicle's radio.
Turn Spoken Directions on or off by tapping the audio button on the map after you've started turn-by-turn navigation. See which countries or regions support turn-by-turn navigation.