About Administrators and Agents
The person who completes the initial program enrollment also accepts the following Terms and Conditions on behalf of the enrolling organization:
- Apple Device Enrollment Program, Apple School Manager Agreement, or Apple Business Manager Agreement
- macOS Software License Agreement
- iOS Software License Agreement
- tvOS Software License Agreement
After completing enrollment, this person becomes the Administrator in Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, or Agent in the Device Enrollment Program. In Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, this person can also designate up to four more Administrators. In the Device Enrollment Program, there is only one Agent.
Accepting updated agreements
After Apple updates one of these agreements, any Apple School Manager Administrator, Apple Business Manager Administrator, or Device Enrollment Program Agent must sign in to the program website to accept any new agreements.
If you don’t accept the agreements
Devices assigned to a Mobile Device Management (MDM) server in Apple School Manager, Apple Business Manager, or the Device Enrollment Program won’t be affected. If you erase all content and settings on a device, the device is still assigned to the same MDM server, and the same settings are applied during setup.
However, these conditions apply until the new agreements are accepted:
- Apple School Manager instructors and managers can reset user passwords and send or print login information, but other site functions will be disabled.
- Apple Business Manager managers can reset user passwords and send or print login information, but other site functions will be disabled.
- Device Enrollment Program admins (other than the Agent) won’t be able to log into the Device Enrollment Program portal until the Agent accepts the updated agreements.
- In Apple School Manager, Apple Business Manager, and the Device Enrollment Program, you can’t assign new devices to your MDM server, even if you have selected the option to automatically assign new purchases to a specific MDM server.
- Your MDM server might report an error message like "403 T_C_NOT_SIGNED” when communicating with Apple’s device management servers.