Remove any cases, accessories or films and test
- Remove any cases, accessories or films that may be blocking the camera or flash or that place a magnet near the camera.
- Test the camera by trying to take a photo.
- Test the LED flash:
- Try the Torch in Control Centre on your iPhone or Control Centre on your iPad. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- Tap the Torch button .
If the flash only works occasionally, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.
Contact Apple Support
If the camera or flash still isn't working correctly, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
If you want to try some more steps on your own
If you prefer, here are some more steps you can try on your own if the camera isn't working. You may still need to contact Apple Support after completing these steps.
- If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfibre cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both isn’t working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button .