How to change your Apple ID to a different email address
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- In the Account section, choose Edit.
- Choose Change Apple ID.
- Enter the email address that you want to use.
- Choose Continue.
- If you've changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Find out what to do if you didn't receive the email.
- If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share things with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID.
If you can't change your Apple ID
If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that has been created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later.
If you see a message stating that the email address that you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member isn't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account and then try to use it again.
In some countries or regions, you can use your phone number as your Apple ID. But if your Apple ID is an email address, you can't change it to a phone number.
If your Apple ID is a phone number
- To switch to a different Apple ID account — not change the email address that you're using as your Apple ID — you can sign out, then sign in with a different Apple ID.
- Learn more about how to use your Apple ID and keep your account information up to date.