How to change your Apple ID to a different email address
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- In the Account section, choose Edit.
- Choose Change Apple ID.
- Enter the email address that you want to use. If you choose a me.com, mac.com or iCloud.com address, you won't be able to change your Apple ID email address again.
- Choose Continue.
- If you're changing your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code. When you sign in with your new Apple ID, you will need to enter the verification code. Find out what to do if you didn't receive the email.
- If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share things with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID.
If you can't change your Apple ID
If you can't see "Change Apple ID", you can't change your Apple ID. You can contact Apple Support if you need any assistance.
If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you may be asked to try again later.
In some countries or regions, you can use your phone number as your Apple ID. But if your Apple ID is an email address, you can't change it to a phone number.
If your Apple ID is a phone number
- To switch to a different Apple ID account — not change the email address that you're using as your Apple ID — you can sign out, then sign in with a different Apple ID.
- Find out more about how to use your Apple ID and keep your account information up to date.