Your device uses motion effects to create the perception of depth on your Home screen and within apps. If you are sensitive to motion effects or screen movement on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can use Reduce Motion to turn off these effects.
To turn on Reduce Motion:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility.
- Select Motion, then turn on Reduce Motion.
When Reduce Motion is turned on, certain screen effects change or are disabled on your device, including:
- Screen transitions and effects use the dissolve effect instead of zoom or slide effects.
- Parallax effect, where your wallpaper, apps and alerts that move or shift slightly as you tilt your device, are disabled.
- Animation and effects in certain apps are disabled. For example, weather animations in the Weather app.
When Auto-Play Message Effects is on, bubble effects and full-screen effects play automatically. You can turn this feature off and manually play the effect. Just tap under the message.
If you have an iPad Pro (10.5-inch) or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), learn how to limit the frame rate of your display.
Learn more about the accessibility features on your Apple devices.