Import contacts stored on a SIM card
- Insert your previous SIM card (the one that has your contacts on it) into your iPhone. Make sure that the SIM card fits.
- Tap Settings > Contacts > Import SIM Contacts.
- If asked, choose where you want to import your SIM card contacts to.
- Wait for the import to finish.
- Open Contacts and make sure that your contacts have been imported.* If needed, you can replace the SIM card you've just imported your contacts from with your new SIM card.
Your iPhone doesn't store contacts on the SIM card. If you want to transfer contacts between iPhone devices, you can use iCloud to back up or transfer content between devices.
* The contact information imported from a SIM card depends on how your previous phone stored information on the SIM card. For more help with importing contacts from a non-Apple phone, check the manufacturer’s website, app store or contact your carrier.