Connect your devices
You can use Apple USB-A Camera Adaptors to import photos from your digital camera. You can also use Apple USB-A Camera Adaptors to connect other USB-A devices to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
You can use these devices with Apple USB-A Camera Adaptors:
- Audio/MIDI interfaces and devices
- Ethernet adaptors
- SD card readers
- Bar code scanners
To use the Apple USB 3 Camera Adaptor, you need an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 9.3 or later.
Some devices need more power than your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can provide. If you connect one of these devices, you may see an alert that says “attached accessory uses too much power". Try one of these steps:
- Connect the devices to a powered USB-A hub or secondary power source.
- Use a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adaptor.
The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adaptor has a built-in Lightning port, which you can connect to a USB-A power adaptor. This provides power to your iOS device and connected device.
Supported ethernet adaptors
These are some of the USB-A ethernet adaptors that you can use with Apple USB 3 Camera Adaptor:
- Apple USB Ethernet Adaptor
- Buffalo LUA-U2-GT
- Linksys USB200M
- Linksys USB1000
- IO-Data ETG-US2
- Belkin F5D5055
If you can't connect a supported device, try these steps:
- Disconnect the Apple USB Camera Adaptor from your iOS device.
- Disconnect any devices connected to the Apple USB Camera Adaptor.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Plug in the Apple USB Camera Adaptor and try to connect the USB device again.