What to do before you change your country or region
- Spend any balance remaining on your Apple ID. If you're not sure whether you have a balance, check your Apple Account balance.
- Cancel your subscriptions and wait until the end of the subscription period.
- Wait for any memberships, pre-orders, film rentals or Season Passes to finish, and wait for any pending store credit refunds to be processed. You can cancel a pre-order.
- Make sure that you have a payment method for your new country or region. See what payment methods you can use.
- Redownload your apps, music, films, TV shows and books on any devices that you may use to play or read them in the future. Some types of content may not be available in your new country or region. Find out what types of content and service are available in your new country or region.
Use your iPhone or iPad to change your region
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap Change Country or Region.
- Tap your new country or region, then review the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap Agree in the top right-hand corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.*
Use your computer to change your region
- Open the Music app or iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account or Account Settings.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region.
- Select your new country or region.
- Review the Terms & Conditions, then click Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
- Enter your new payment information* and billing address, then click Continue.
Change your region online
- Sign in to appleid.apple.comappleid.apple.com.
- Tap or click Personal Information.
- Tap or click Country/Region.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.*
If you can't change your country or region
- If you can't change your country or region, make sure that you've cancelled your subscriptions and spent your store credit. Complete these steps before trying to change your country or region.
- If you're a part of a Family Sharing group, you may not be able to change your country or region. Find out how to leave a Family Sharing group.
- If you still can't change your country or region, or you have less store credit than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.
- After you've updated your Apple ID billing address and payment method, you can upgrade your iCloud+ plan using the pricing in your new country or region.
- View the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions.
* If you don't want to enter a payment method, wait until you're physically in your new country or region, then create a new Apple ID.