Change your Apple ID password on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch
- Tap Settings > your name > Password & Security.
- Tap Change Password.
- Enter your current password or device passcode, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. Forgot your password?
- Tap Change or Change Password.
Change your child's Apple ID password
If you have an iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and two-factor authentication turned on for your Apple ID, you can change the Apple ID password for a child account in your Family Sharing group.
- Tap Settings > Family > your child's account.
- Tap Apple ID & Password.
- Tap Change [Child's Name] Password.
- Enter your device passcode and follow the onscreen instructions.
Learn more about an Apple ID account for your child under 13 (age varies by region)
Change your Apple ID password on your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Settings (or System Preferences), then select your name (or Apple ID).
- Select Password & Security.
- Select Change Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password used to unlock your Mac.
Change your Apple ID password on the web
- Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
- In the Sign-In and Security section, select Password.
- Enter your current password, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. Forgot your password?
- Select Change Password.