Check the location
Place your Beats product and your paired device within 30 feet of each other. Move both devices away from other Bluetooth devices, microwaves, wireless routers, and other electronics.
Check the sound settings
On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and select your Beats.
On your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then select your Beats product in the Output and Input panes.
On your PC, go to the sound settings and select your Beats as the playback/recording device.
Check the volume
- Make sure that both your Beats product and your Bluetooth device are charged and turned on.
- Play a track that you downloaded to your device, not streaming audio.
- Increase the volume on your Beats product and on the paired Bluetooth device.
Use Forget Device, then pair your Beats again
- Disconnect your Beats product.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth, tap the Info button next to the name of your Beats product, then tap Forget This Device.
- On your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, click Bluetooth, select your Beats product, click the X, then choose Forget Device.
- Pair your Beats product again.
Reset your Beats product, then pair them again
Reset your headphones, reset your earphones, or reset your speakers. Then pair your Beats product with your device again.
If you still need help
If you hear distorted sound, learn how to troubleshoot audio issues with your Beats speakers or with your Beats headphones or earphones.