Try these steps
After each step, see if your issue has been resolved.
- Unplug both ends of the HDMI cable, then firmly plug them back in. Or try using a different HDMI cable to see if it's the cable that's causing the issue. Then in the television menu, make sure that you select the HDMI input that matches the HDMI port connected to the Apple TV.
- Unplug your television and your Apple TV from power, then plug both of them back in.
- Try to restore your Apple TV.
Still need help?
- Try a different HDMI port on your television, starting with HDMI 1 or Input 1.
- If you see the Apple logo and then a black screen, hold Menu and Volume Down for 6 seconds, then release. Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK to choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.
- If you're using a receiver or an HDMI switch, one of these may be causing the issue. Connect your Apple TV directly to the television instead of using the receiver or HDMI switch. If you're now seeing the Apple TV Home screen, connect your receiver or HDMI switch one at a time. Once each additional device has been connected, check that you still see the Home screen on your television.
If you still can't see a picture or hear sound on your television, or you can only see the Apple logo, contact Apple Support.