How to download apps on your Apple TV
- Open the App Store app.
- Browse or search for the app that you want to download.
- Select the price or Get button. If you see the "Open" button instead of a price or Get button, you already bought or downloaded that app.
In the App Store, if an app has a Get button instead of a price, the app is free. You won't be charged for downloading a free app. Some free apps offer in-app purchases and subscriptions that you can buy. Subscriptions and in-app purchases give you access to more features, content, and more. Learn more about in-app purchases and subscriptions.
How to find apps that you bought
Apps appear on your Home screen. You can move apps around on your Home screen or hide them.
Can't find an app on the Home screen? If you use an Apple TV (3rd generation), see if the app is hidden. Go to Settings > Main Menu to choose and unhide apps.
If you can't find the App Store
If you have an issue when you download apps
To buy apps from the App Store, you need an Apple ID and a payment method. If you’re only downloading free items, you still might need to keep a payment method on file.
- If you can’t download apps because your payment method was declined, update or change your payment method.
- Can’t sign in to the App Store? Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID or forgot your Apple ID password. Or if you don’t have an Apple ID, learn how to set up an Apple ID.
- Make sure that your Apple TV is connected to the internet. To download apps, you need an internet connection.
- If an app isn't working as expected, you can contact the app developer. Or report a problem to Apple.
- Learn more about using apps on your Apple TV.
- Learn how to set up your pay TV or cable provider with Apple TV.
- If you want to prevent in-app purchases on your Apple TV, you can use Restrictions.