Before you start, make sure the birth date associated with your Apple ID is correct.
How to leave Apple Cash Family
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app.
- Tap your Apple Cash card, then tap the more button .1
- Scroll down and tap Stop Sharing Activity.
- Tap Continue, then agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to provide your information and verify your identity.2
- Then, tap Next.
What happens when you leave Apple Cash Family
- Your Apple Cash Balance remains the same.3
- The members of your Family Sharing group can no longer see your activity.
- You maximum allowed balance and the amount of money you can send and receive in Messages increases.
- Sending and receiving money with Apple Pay and the Apple Cash card are services provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.
- To verify your identity, you may need a valid State ID or Driver License. If you can't verify your identity, you can't take ownership of your Apple Cash account and you remain in your Apple Cash Family.
- If your account is locked by the family organizer when you leave Apple Cash Family, your balance transfers to the organizer's Apple Cash account.