Set up Universal Clipboard
Use Universal Clipboard with any Mac, iPhone, or iPad that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:
- Each device is signed in with the same Apple ID.
- Each device has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on.
- Each device has Handoff turned on.
Use Universal Clipboard
- On one device, copy the text, image, file, or other content as you normally would.
- The content is automatically added to the clipboard of your other nearby device. It remains there briefly, or until you replace it by copying something else on either device.
- On the other device, paste the content as you normally would.